Thursday 29 May 2014

Risk aversion


I could have easily talked about myself as being a person who dislikes risk. I used to like knowing that I was 100% the master of my own fate, and risk introduced variation that could curb that. I did, however, change my perspective.

It's not like I enjoy risking - I don't. As a matter of fact, gambling is something that I never see myself doing. But risk can be seen through different lenses. I now see risk as an opportunity - that is, I see calculated risk as an opportunity. Looking at it from a business perspective, I believe now that every venture has an inherent risk. It can be small and within certain predetermined parameters (calculated risk), or it can be great (foolish risk) - no matter how you look at a business venture, risk plays a part. And going forward, even though there is a chance of failure in something, it does not mean that one should stay away. I came to the sudden realization that steering clear from all risks in my life, I would probably put barriers to many opportunities. I don't like that thought.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Add value to this post!